Thursday, November 24, 2011

Reviewing Recent Christmas Designs

As I create more Christmas designs, I noticed room for improvements as I reviewed my recent artwork. I often sleep on my designs before uploading them, but I'm still in a dilemma between simple and fancy designs. It's challenging to add a lot of elements in an organized manner. One extra element could ruin the whole design or one big element could distract one's eyes. I looked at my designs after a week, and some extra elements started distracting my eyes. I noticed that I draw snowflakes too big in some designs, but I kept the current designs as they are because some people might like them. However, I made some new designs by modifying them, making fewer and smaller snowflakes. Here is one of the examples.

Peace Doves with Wreath Christmas Card :
Original illustrations of a snow scene inside of a Christmas wreath with a ribbon and bell, and two peace doves flying over the wreath, wishing a Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment