Friday, December 23, 2011

First “Irish Drinking Team” Design at Zazzle

I have been working on the drafts for Irish designs. St. Patrick's Day is about three months away from now, but I started working at it early. I drew a leprechaun and Irish girl, and placed them on “Irish Drinking Team” designs. I made a big brown circle taking up the whole canvas, placed a circle of shamrocks inside of it, and drew another circle in an Irish flag style inside of the big circle. I put a leprechaun and Irish girl holding beer, and a big beer in front of them. I looked at the design from a distance, and felt that the middle part of the design is white and looks like something is missing, so I placed three small shamrocks in different colors in the background. I typed “Irish Drinking Team” on the top and “Happy St. Patrick's Day” on the bottom, and tried different colors for those letters. I replaced the circle of shamrocks with Celtic knots to create another version. Also, I added a harp on the beer like Guinness logo. I added grunge on the graphics. Next, I made the leprechaun and Irish girl bigger to create new designs. I tried different colors for fonts to make a couple of versions.
A leprechaun and an Irish girl drinking together to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. Humorous combination of Irish Drinking Team and the Irish flag in cool vintage style.
Vintage Irish Drinking Team shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment