Friday, May 13, 2011

“4th of July” designs

When I was thinking about the designs for the 4th of July last night, tons of ideas came to my mind out of nowhere, so I got up at the middle of the night, and sketched them on some paper. It sometimes happens all of a sudden. Also, I sketched Japanese Kanji designs that came to my mind along with the 4th of July. I added some effects on the peace symbol and made it look like gold, and typed “Peace” in Japanese, and added similar effects on it to make it look like silver.

I had some preliminary ideas for Memorial Day, but I decided to focus on the 4th of July designs, because I'm not sure if people shop T-Shirts for Memorial Day. Most of the graphics and slogans for the 4th of July are almost ready as I created them last month and there are some past works at CafePress.

I will place the messages of “Happy 4th of July,”“USA,” “God Bless America,” “American Girl,” and so on. When I added the year of “2011” after the message such as “Happy St. Patrick's Day 2011” on some designs at CafePress, I got decent sales by doing that. I think that people like a new design and get it to remember the year they bought the product. I'm not sure if the same idea works at my Zazzle store. Zazzle is more flexible for customers as their products are customizable for individual needs and preferences especially for text. Anyway. this is my first year at Zazzle, and I should enjoy experimenting. I will try both with and without “2011.” Also, I will use the Navy SEALs emblem as the symbol of a current event and patriotism. It's important to add an up to date image.

I placed the American map behind “USA” as the background, and put a hat on the left top of the map, and scattered some fireworks. I came up with another idea that is similar to “USA” I'm working on, and I copied the same file and placed the balloons in red, white, and blue over the American map, and typed “4th of July.” I played around with the graphics, and here is the final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment