Monday, May 16, 2011

Starting Web Marketing

I made my first sale yesterday, and the second sale for the same product today.
Now, it's time to think about how to promote my store and bring traffic.
No matter how wonderful our artwork is, it's meaningless if nobody sees it.
First of all, I should finish setting up my store. I will learn about Zazzle tools more and participate in the forum. I have been looking around “Tutorials and Guides” and “Promotional Tools” in “Dashboard.” It contains a lot of information, and some of them are quite new to me such as “Store Builder PHP,” “Associate ID” to earn referrals when purchase made by clicking my link, and so on.

SEO, Search Engine Optimization, is important to bring traffic to my site. I try to write effective and accurate product titles and descriptions as well as “tags” for Zazzle marketplace so that search engines are more likely to pick up my site. I must learn about SEO more, but for now, I put it aside for the near future.

Building a network with social media is also important. I started blogging just a month ago, and Google Blog is free and easy to use. I started using Twitter last October, but never used Facebook. I will set up a Facebook account as soon as my store is ready for that.

When I was browsing Zazzle forum, I found that I can get my domain name directly linked to Zazzle products. This is exactly what I wanted to do for my store.

Since I have experienced CafePress for a couple of years, I know it's hard for individual designers to sell their artwork online. I don't expect immediate results. It requires hard work, and takes time to get decent sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment