Monday, May 2, 2011

Election 2012 T-Shirts

Whether you are for or against Obama in his 2012 re-election campaign, T-Shirts for the presidential election are a popular theme. I started drawing the elements related to the election campaign in Adobe Illustrator such as stars and strips, donkey, elephant, and so on. In addition, I drew USA elements for the upcoming 4th of July such as fireworks, balloons, American hats, and also retouched the Statue of Liberty with Photoshop.

When I placed a donkey and elephant on the screen, I came up with an idea of the boxing ring with the donkey and elephant wearing gloves and fighting in the ring. I tried to modify the shape of the donkey and elephant to look like they are standing and fighting, but I had a little difficulty making the four legged animals stand up and fight. So I sketched on a paper for a while, and finally got a decent shape.
Draft of fighting elephant
I drew a baby stroller a little while ago, and saved it as a symbol in Illustrator so that I can use and modify it for any other baby designs. I painted the baby cart red and blue and turned it into “My First Election 2012” for baby apparels. I know this is an unusual design, but I wanted to create something unique, and someone might like it to remember the year 2012 as the baby's first election.

I often see “Obama 2012” and “Nobama 2012” created by individual designers, and the Obama campaign logo is placed on the design. Also, I often see an oblique line in red on the logo to show disapproval of President Obama. I have been thinking how to make humorous Obama T-Shirts without offending people.
Whether you approve or disapprove of him, he is the current President of the United States, and a candidate for the 2012 Presidential Election. Some people might oppose some of his political strategies, but don't dislike him nor love him either, and are sort of in between pro and anti Obama. The red oblique line on the log is too strong, so I put a question mark on the Obama logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment