Monday, June 20, 2011

“God Bless America” with fireworks

I did experiments on combinations of the shapes, colors, and sizes of fireworks, the position of letters and items, and finished one of the ongoing “God Bless America” designs, and uploaded it. I tried different patterns of fireworks. Every time I make a new firework, I save it as Brush.

The design I uploaded a couple of days ago, which is “God Bless America” in gold and the Statue of Liberty and fireworks in red, white, and blue, looks nice for buttons and postcards, but not for keychains. The same design gives quite a different impression depending on the product, even if it's the same shape. I added more fireworks around the letters of “God Bless America” to make it look nicer on some products.

I placed a big firework around “God Bless America,” and drew gradient in red, white, and blue with Gradient Tool on the layer above the firework, and set the blending mode to Color. I got a nice realistic firework. I changed the letters from “God Bless America” to “Happy 4th of July.” I applied the same change to some other designs. Here is one of the final products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment