Saturday, June 4, 2011

“Happy 4th of July 2011” designs

I have “Happy 4th of July” with a heart in stars and stripes that sold well in 2009 at CafePress. I modified that for 2011, and uploaded it at Zazzle. I wanted to see if my old design will sell if I add some adjustments. I looked at the design that had uploaded at Zazzle again, and thought that it would not sell by instinct. So I decided to modify the whole thing, but not from scratch. I can still use the heart shaped American flag, and the Statue of Liberty. First, I changed the font style from “Stencil” to “Rockwell Extra Bold.” I added “Posterize” on the Statue of Liberty, but the picture got bright spots, so I increased the value of “Posterize.” Also, I added “Grain” from “Filter” to make the Statue a little bit textured. I turned each letter of “Happy 4th of July” into original stars and stripes by using different patterns that I have been working on. White stars on the red background on “Happy,” blue background on “4th, solid blue on “of,” red stripes on “July.” I uploaded it to CafePress. I thought that the heart is a little too big, but I will sleep on it. Also, I created another version, and changed the color of “Happy” from red to light blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment