Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Original Stars and Stripes

I looked around my past work in old folders. I saw one of my old designs from two years ago that is the Statue of Liberty with fireworks and the American map in stars and strips. This design sold well in 2009 at CafePress, but I don't think the same design will sell at Zazzle again since it kind of looks out of date. However, I want to try to modify the design by adding current trends, and see if it will sell, so I will add grunge, make the graphics look brighter, and turn the messages into unique stars and stripes.

Next, I saw another design of an eagle flying over “USA.” This didn't sell at CafePress, but I can modify something to make it look better. I changed both the eagle and “USA” into my original stars and stripes in a different pattern, and saved this as a draft for further work.

I have been doing experiments on original stars and stripes. For example, I typed “USA” as a separate letter, put small stars on the blue background on “U,” vertical red stripes on “S, ” and solid blue with a red star on “A.”
drafts of "USA"
It's interesting to look back around at past work. It reminds me of what I was thinking and what I was trying to achieve. The graphics I made before are reusable even if they didn't sell before. I can use them and make them look better for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment